Introducing the Cascadia 4x4 VSS System™ for the Ford F-150 Raptor (2017-2020). The world's first, highest quality, and most complete vehicle specific hood-mounted solar panel system.
Note: This system only fits 2017-2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
- 70W of clean solar energy to keep your Raptor's battery topped up when the engine isn't running.
- Rugged “Marine-Grade” construction to withstand extreme environmental conditions.
- Perfect for overlanding, camping, and the jobsite. Keep your drinks cold and equipment charged without killing your battery.
- Solar Made Simple: The optional “Plug-and-Play” complete kit includes everything you need for a clean and simple install.
- 2 year warranty.
Go Further, Stay Longer.
- Keep your Raptor's battery topped up at all times: Perfect for the overlander or camper who wants to power devices without worrying about draining their battery.
- Extend the life of your battery: The Cascadia 4x4 VSS System™ will give you longer overall battery life by tending it constantly during periods of sun exposure.
- Emergency engine starting device: If you ever manage to completely drain your battery the VSS System™ will start the vehicle up again in as little as 30 minutes depending on sun exposure.
- Anti-glare device: Due to it's light absorbing properties the solar panel creates a surface with very low reflectivity across the hood of the vehicle.
- 80 watts of energy on the hood of your Ford F-150 Raptor from solar panels that are only 3mm thick, meaning vehicle aerodynamics are not affected and the weight of the system is negligible.
- Durable marine-grade solar panel construction. The panels are made from 8 laminated layers consisting of a Dupont™ Tedlar® backsheet and high tech polymers allowing them to stand up to harsh environmental conditions like rain/snow/ice/mud/rocks/sticks etc. High durability makes this panel perfect for an off-road vehicle.
- Optional Plug-and-play MPPT solar charge controller. This waterproof unit mounts in the engine bay and is highly resistant to heat and vibration. It automatically controls how much electricity reaches the battery and prevents overcharging. The charge controller has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors to take out all of the guesswork in setting up the VSS System™.
- The optional but highly recommended custom cut vinyl base sheets protect the underlying vehicle paint from damage.
- Factory-like appearance. The VSS System™ follows the contours and edges of the Ford F-150 Raptor hood perfectly giving it a seamless and sleek aesthetic.
- We add strips of 3M neoprene foam to the base of each panel. This high density foam acts as a thermal barrier to protect your vehicle's paint from damage and also aid in solar panel cooling.
- Final assembly and quality control is done at our Canadian production facility to ensure that every VSS System™ functions perfectly. At Cascadia 4x4 we stand behind the quality of our products.
How does it mount?
Each panel comes with a full perimeter of pre-installed high temperature 3M VHB tape. We spend time sanding, cleaning and prepping each panel to make sure that the tape has a solid bond to the panel. This tape then mounts safely to your hood without damaging the paint.
We highly recommend that the Cascadia 4x4 VSS System™ is paired with our vehicle specific vinyl base sheets which sit under the solar panels. The vinyl mounts onto the hood of your vehicle in the same way that traditional hood vinyls or automotive vinyl stickers are applied. The vinyl acts as a moisture and debris barrier to protect the underlying paint.
Note: The VSS System™ takes 1.5 hrs to install and must be done in a dry environment between 18° and 35°C (64° and 95°F).
Specifications (for 2x 35W panels wired in series):